Monday, February 11, 2008

Marquee Players to stay away from

Here are two marquee names that I would shy away from in your up coming fanasty drafts:

ALBERT PUJOLS

I know this is blasphemy, especially for a Cardinals fan, but there was an article awhile back where Pujols said he wasn't going to play through the pain if it got as bad as it was last year. He also said in that article that he couldn't even extend his arm. When the Cardinals are out of it by July, I see him sitting out the rest of the year. One person who would benefit from a Pujols injury is Chris Duncan. If he is moved to first base, it would allow him to move back to his original position, and a chance to play everyday.

JOHAN SANTANA

Everybody's making a lot out of his trade to the NL, and how he's now going to be even better. However, I think that the former CF prospect is going to be on about par with what he did last year, which will not make him the consensus best pitcher as everyone is saying he will be. I would pick Danny Haren, Justin Verlander, Josh Beckett, and Jake Peavey all before I would take Santana.

No comments: